by Hannah
Thirteen year old, Andi, patted Taffy, her palomino mare in the barn, when she heard Mother calling her name “ Andrea, you haven't finished your chores!” “Yes, coming Mother” Andi replied shouting across the ranch, “I guess I'm going to have to spend time with you another day” she said sadly to Taffy, Taffy neighed in response. When she came her mother scolded her saying “ a proper lady does not shout to her mother, she just simply says “ yes ma’am” do you understand ?” “Yes ma’am” Andi replied sulkily “ now, we have a special guest coming for dinner and I want the house to be perfect” Mother said sternly. “Yes ma’am” Andi said and she got to work. First she scrubbed the floor till it sparkled, then she washed the dirty dishes, after that she draped an expensive cloth on the wooden table. “Phew” Andi said exhaustedly “ Now I’ll go back to Taffy” but as she was leaving Mother came back and called her in “ Andrea, you should put a nice pretty dress on for dinner, like Melinda “ “ But, I was going to visit Taffy!” she exclaimed “ do as i say” Mother said sternly….. Later that night, Mother, Melinda, Andi, Chad, Mitch, and Justin scrambled around to get everything sorted. They dished the food and put the utensils on the table. No one said a word about the guest. Finally it was time, there was a knock on the door and shuffling to be heard outside Mother opened the door “ Hello Mrs Damsel “ Mother said sweetly. “Why is Mrs Damsel here” Andi whispered to Chad
“ you’ll see “ he whispered back and smiled,
“Come in, come in” Mother said.
“Thank you all very much for inviting me for dinner, as I said I needed to discuss some private matters with you about Andi” Mrs Damsel barked. Andi knew what this was about and she was not happy about it at all, it all had happened at school, 8 o'clock sharp when Mrs Damsel was handing out the maths test forms out to everyone. Andi quickly reached under her desk to pull out her notebook when she saw a thin yellow square piece of paper, she pushed it further into the drawer and grabbed her notebook. But curiosity got the better of her and she just couldn’t restrain herself from reading but as soon as she had read it a sharp voice called out “ Andrea Carter!” all eyes turned to her. “ What are the school rules?” Mrs Damsel asked in a booming voice. ” No fidgeting in class, no whispering in class, don’t umm shout in class,... that's all I can remember” Andi replied everyone started whispering to each other. “ Is she going to detention? ” Ruby Gillas whispered “ Totally” Billy Ponal answered. “ SCILENCE! ” Mrs Damsel shouted, everyone was quiet “ As for your punishment, Andrea, you will read your note that you wrote” Mrs Damsel stated. “ But I didn't write -” Andi interrupted. “Do not interrupt me” Mrs Damsel screamed. “As I was saying you will read the note out loud to the class” Mrs Damsel said, calming down a bit “ Yes ma’am” Andi replied. Dear Mrs Andi I like your hair, and your wonderful stare ,your glossy lips, and your out standing hips You shine like the sun, I watched when you were young Your familiar face, gives me a wonderful embrace From : ? ? ? The class started giggling “Andi has a boyfriend, Andi has a boyfriend” Bruce Woodbell taunted. So it wasn’t a great day and she still hadn’t figured out who the letter was from. “ Uuugh, this is the worst day ever” Andi groaned.
Meanwhile . . . . “I am so sorry Mrs Damsel for the disturbance Andrea caused you, i will talk to her this evening” Mother said ‘
“ Indeed, she flipped the whole class upside down, I will be expecting better behavior in the future” Mrs Damsel said confidently.
“Of course,” Mother replied expressionless. At the table everyone was silent, Andi just couldn't bear it
“ I got a B+ for Algebra at school today ” Andi said half smiling
“ I expected more from you, Andrea, it seems like studying all night isn't enough, what is your score for Geography” Mother said,
Andi’s smile dropped “ F- “ She mumbled. “ Terrible, we must work on all the subjects before you go gallivanting with your horse” Mother said hoarsely. “ I think you are being too hard on Andi, Mother” Mitch Said
“ I agree ” Justin replied
“ Well, I think you two should be focusing on your own things, instead of barging in like this” Mother huffed.
“We were just making suggestions,” Mitch said bravely. Early in the morning… “Cock-a-doodle-doooo” the rooster crowed, Andi woke up with a start, it had been like this for a while Mother had brought a rooster as an alarm “It's cheaper” she had said. Andi quickly reached under her bed for her school bag and pulled it across the floor until she got to the door. Then Andi gripped her homework and shoved it into the bag, she opened the closet door and picked out her clothes. She hurried downstairs into the kitchen, and grabbed her breakfast and poured the cream on top of her porridge. “Andrea, finish up otherwise you will be late” Mother called. Andi ate up her breakfast so quickly that she almost choked, she ran to school just as the bell rang “ DONG DONG DONG”
Andi opened the school door she was the first one here besides Mrs Damsel.She was writing on the whiteboard, Andi took her seat and flipped her Geography book open and started studying. Eventually everyone arrived and school started, everyone took their seats just as Andi had done . “ Hello Mrs Damsel” everyone chanted
"Good morning class” Mrs Damsel said. “ I have an announcement to make, Samuel Crollie please come forward” Andi had a crush on Sam he was the cutest boy in the class. Sam stepped forward “Umm I just wanted to say that… I wrote the letter to Andi” He said shyly “Thank you Samuel for acknowledging that you wrote the letter” Mrs Damsel said.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Encourage these young authors!