By Tegan
-Chapter 1, Lulu the doll -
Yes! Finally, I can play with Lulu, my new doll now! All my chores are done!” Eleven year old Andi Carter said. “Justin! Can you play dolls with me? You can use Sofia!”
“Sorry honey, I’m all dolled out. Ever since you got Lulu, I’ve played Sofia. It’s boring.” Justin laughs. “But I can play toss the rock!”
Andi thought for a moment. “Okay, fine.” Andi put Lulu carelessly behind her on a log. Justin threw the rock. Andi caught it and threw it back. When Justin threw it next, Andi stepped sideways, making the rock hit Lulu and break her porcelain head. “Lulu! Oh no! It’s broken!! Look what you did!” Andi yelled, mad.
“Hey little sis! Wanna play toss the rock?” Chad walked out just then. Andi ran past him “ohhhh I hate you boys!” She yelled. Chad looked at Justin. “What’s up with her?”
“We were playing toss the rock, and I threw the rock at lulus head. It broke.”
“Justin Carter! She spent her own money on that. That was her ultimate achievement!! Ughh. She’s gonna find some sort of a job, so she can buy it again. Ohhh, today we were gonna train those new fillies. Ugh! Andi! Andi wait!” Chad ran after her. Andi’s inability to save her money was the joke of the family.
-chapter 2, Lulu the raccoon-
Andi rode Taffy in the woods, when Taffy shied at the bush. “Whoah girl whoah.” Andi dismounted the scared horse and looked in the bush. She saw a baby raccoon. “Poor baby! Justin won’t mind if I keep him, Right? Lulu is her name!”
“No. Not a raccoon. They can carry hydrophobia, deadly. One bite, gone, dead. Adios!” Justin shook his head.
“But, look, she’s a baby! He can’t hurt you! Look she’s harmless!” Andi put her finger to Lulus mouth “it doesn’t hurt. Please?”
“Fine, only til he’s grown okay?” Before Justin could ask if Andi would do that, get rid of her when she was old, Andi hugged her big brother.
“Don’t get too comfy, Lulu .” Justin muttered.
—Chapter 3, Sunday.—
“Be good Lulu. Don’t run away!!”
As soon as Andi left for church, Lulu ran to Andi’s room and started tearing her clothes. Andi had made her a toy with scraps of her fabric she bought for a new dress. She found that dress and started ripping it. Afterwards, she ran downstairs and started for the sugar. Andi normally gave her sugar lumps. Runner finished the last of the sugar as Andi and the carters walked in. Andi grabbed lulu by the neck skin. “Bad Lulu! Bad! Bad girl!”
“Andi, let’s take Lulu to the forest.” Justin had his hands on his hips.
“No I wouldn’t. I couldn’t. I, I hate you!” Andi cried. “Don’t take Lulu , it’s not her fault. If you take her to the forest, I will go too. I will never come back” Justin looked at her with his ‘listen to me now’ look. Andi wore the same one. The silence was loud. The tension crackled in the air. “You have one month. Next time this happens she’s gone. Go get out of your Sunday clothes. “
-Chapter 3, Lulu in trouble.-
“That is IT!” Chad walked out of the barn. “Lulu is going, whether you like it or not!”
“No! Chad, oh please no!”
Chad had Lulu by the skin on her neck
“B-but chad!! Please no! Give her back!” Andi was in a new angry mood. She threw a brush at chads back, and regretted it instantly. She didn’t tell him that. “Give me Lulu! Give me Lulu” she chased Chad. “Look lil sis. Lulu is a wild animal. She’s mis-“
“I won’t be miserable without her? Answer me.” Andi interrupted. ‘Do unto others as you would like to be done unto.’ The phrase popped in her head. “Fine. Take her. She’ll come back. She will!!”
She ran to her room crying. Chad prayed. “God, please heal Andi’s anger. Help her know this is the thing to do. Amen”
-Chapter 3, Don’t tell.-
Mitch was the only brother she cared about anymore. “Are you sure, you wanna ride, and race me, you know I will win.”
“Yeah. Hi Prince, why are you barking boy, what’s wrong?”
Just then, a raccoon ran out of the barn “Lulu!”
“Andi careful!” The warning came too late, Andi was bitten, and so was the faithful dog, Prince.
“Ow! Shame on you Lulu!”
The raccoon ran back to the barn. “Don’t tell Chad. He’ll surely kill her! “
“Andi, I-“
“Promise!! Do it! Promise me Mitch!”
“Okay. But if this bite gets infected, I am telling Chad AND Justin.”
-chapter 4. Rabies??-
Andi was studying as she heard a shot ring out from the barn. Andi ran outside. “Chad, Wha—“ she paused when she saw a dead raccoon. “Rabies, Andi, it had rabies.”
Andi’s face turned pale. “R-Rabies? No, No. That can’t be. It can’t.”
“Why, why are you making that face?”
“Chad, she, she bit me last week.”
Chad looked scared. Chad never looked scared. “Andi, why didn’t you tell me? Go get in your town clothes. We’re going to the Doctor Weavers.”
-chapter 5, Your will.—
“That’s a bad bite, miss Carter.”
“Will I be okay?” Andi earlier heard about a rabid raccoon killed someone with a small bite. She gulped. “Will I die?”
“From a small bite like that? Most likely not. My treatment, one gumdrop, to be taken internally.” Doc Weaver handed her a gumdrop. “Go wait in the buggy, I want to visit with your brother.”
Andi walked outside and sat in the buggy, reading another one of Mitch’s dime novels.
“How bad is it actually, Doc?”
“We don’t know. Andrea said the dog got bit too. Tie him up. If he doesn’t get symptoms, chances are, Andrea won’t. If he does…” Doc weaver let his voice trail off. “Keep her in bed.”
‘God!’ Chad prayed silently. ‘Please, Please! Let Andi be alright. But let your will be done not mine. ‘
-chapter 6, Woof!-
‘Symptoms of hydrophobia are foaming at the mouth, and barking—‘ Justin read
WOOF!WOOF!
“Prince! No!! Andi!” Justin ran to the barn where prince was tied up. He had fixed his pistol to point at the dog’s head. Just before his finger squeezed the trigger, a raccoon ran out. “Lulu? Lulu!!”
Justin put his pistol in the holster and ran in the house “Andi! Lulu isn’t dead, nor is she rabid!! You’re okay! My baby sister is okay!!” Justin ran upstairs. he picked her up from her bed and hugged her. “Lulu wasn’t rabid, she never was. The rabid raccoon was a boy! My baby sister.” Chad ran in
“what happened?” Chad asked “is Andi okay?”
“Oh yes! I found the rabid raccoon was a male. Lulu bit Andi. Lulu isn’t rabid.”
“Yes! Praise God!!”
“Ok, ok, put me down! With all this spinning I will get sick!”
They all laughed.
Luke 22:42
Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.
The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Encourage these young authors!